Folktales {An ELA Mega Unit}

Happy Halloween everyone! You may have noticed that I haven't been posting my weekly ELA units the past few weeks.  That would be because I have been working on a Folktales MEGA unit!  We have been reading and studying Folktales in 2nd grade for the past 3 weeks, particularly Tall Tales, Fairy Tales and Fables.  I put all of the centers, graphic organizers, activities and resources together into one mega-pack! It has been such a fun three weeks since folktales are so much fun to read and talk about.  Besides the resources in this pack I have also been using the iReading 8 in 1 Fables app on my iPad which my kiddos love. It costs $1.99 on iTunes.


It looks great projected on the SmartBoard and I love how it reads to you and includes a moral at the end of each story.  You may have also seen these super cute, Fairy Tales floating around Pinterest lately.  Scholastic Book Clubs has them in a Fractured Fairy Tale pack for $14 which I snagged for FREE using my points.  They are GREAT to teach points of view or to compare and contrast similar tales. 




If you have a subscription to Reading A to Z, We have also read several Tall Tales using their projectable book option (which takes up no copies, this make me very happy since we are on a strict copy budget this year).  Reading A to Z has some really great resources and they are my go-to resource when I can't find a book I want for my literacy block. 
(Sorry they're so tiny, but I can't find high quality image)
 

Click on the image below to check out my new Folktales Mega Unit on Teachers Pay Teachers! 

*Please note that the genre posters, bookmarks and journal cards are also available in my 26 Children's Literary Genres pack*

2 comments